The following information only applies to couples being married in New Jersey, and resides in Absecon. Applications are accepted in the City Clerk’s Office between the hours of 9am-4pm. There is a mandatory 72 hour waiting period before a license can be issued.
Items required for both bride and groom at the time of application:
- Birth certificate with raised seal and parents’ information. NOTE: All foreign documents must be translated in writing into English and sealed by the proper authority.
- Proof of residency. (Driver’s license, lease, tax return.)
- $28.00 CASH, CHECK OR MONEY ORDER.
- If married before, death certificate, annulment or divorce papers, whichever applies.
- One Witness over the age of 18 with photo I.D.
Bride and Groom must know their parents birthplaces, mother’s maiden names and the wedding information including information of person officiating.
Any further questions please call 609-641-0663 x100.